Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Soooooo unhappy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member musicismyradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Well, this is third and it's a dud too. I ordered AGT #21 as part of my big order, the first sorta had a loose eye but not too bad, but I figured I want the perfect doll for that kind of money. So, I got another one and this time both of her eyes were pretty loose along with her leg. Her eyes were fairly loose and they made that clacking noise that an inexpensive doll from a store would make. So I talked to someone in CS and she was not polite. She acted as though I was being a bit picky or rude because I wanted to try for another doll. I felt embarrassed and unhappy after I got off the phone with her. The third one came today and she isn't any better. Her left eye is loose as is her right leg. I am just so sad. I didn't even get my hopes up this time. But the person in CS said if the third one didn't work out as well then someone would have to personally pick one out like a PS. I don't want to cause a fuss, but this is getting to be old, but I'm not going to settle for a doll with serious flaws. I'm just so sad I really don't even care anymore. Plus, I had ordered a Halloween costume in anticipation of her being here and to have her dressed up. Looks like it will just have to sit in the box until I get a decent doll. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awwww. [img]frown.gif[/img] Thant's too bad! 3 dolls to go through! Whenever I buy a doll she's always perfect. The quality of AG is going down! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] And I don't like it!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 28, 2005 04:16 PM: Message edited by: MollyluvsMarshi ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry! None of my dolls have ever arrived less than perfect. I have noticed a decline in quality of fabric for the dresses, buttons, and accessories though. I would just return this doll, and call a PS and start over--have her pick one out that's perfect, and pretend like it's the first time you've ever thought of ordering an AG 21.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree you need to hold firm. Get a perfect doll. These dolls cost way to much to get one that's head makes a noise when you pick it up. I would return this one and call the New York store and get a ps.

    If you know the name of the rude cs girl, I would report her. They were not rude when I had to return so many of Elizabeth's dresses. They should not be rude about returning a doll.

    Maybe the poor sc girl is tired of all the returns that are happening. You know the doll your having to return over and over there must be 100s just like her, lose eyes and lose hips. Ouch!! (Wonder if same company made that doll that made Elizabeth's clothes?) Look how many people on this site are returning items and we are just a very small % of AG customers. (Makes one wonder how Mattel stock is doing.)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So sorry this is happening to you. I'd get a Personal Shopper to hand-pick a nice doll, too; then you'll be sure of getting one that's perfect. Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Elizabeth's legs make that clacky noise, but it doesn't bother me in the least.

    It seems like lots of people are having problems with AGT21, I wonder why. You'd think with so many people ordering them, they'd make sure that doll especially was in good condition before sending them out.

    I'm sorry you've been having so many problems. It really isn't fun to wait a week+ for a doll, and then have her arrive with problems, and have to wait another week (and another!) for a good doll. Do they even look at them before putting them in the boxes?

  7. #7
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    My AGT21 came perfect the first time. I never throughly inspected her, but she sure looked perfect to me.

    ALL my Mattel dolls make the clacky noise with the eyes. I thought it was normal. It doesn't bother me anymore.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member greenehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had problems with my AGT 21 too. Her left eye was a little loose, but the worst problem was that you could actually see parts of her wig on the top of her head. It was also coming loose. I'm starting to wonder if there are hundreds of 21s that are poor quality. I should be getting a new one next week...we'll see. I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of this. I know how disappointing it is!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member musicismyradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey thanks guys. I knew you guys would cheer me up. I normally don't like to be a pain and complain about such things, but I am just so bummed about this. Of the six dolls that I own, I have had to exchange four of them for new ones because of problems. So I get nervous every time I order another one.

    As for the eyes, I know they normally have that clacking sound because they are sleepy eyes, but because they are so loose they make that sound with just the slighest movement. I just can't get over how loose they are. It has just been so disappointing to wait for a week each time and have no such luck. There are certain things that I look for in doll, but that is mostly because of the issues I've had in the past. So, I will either call tonight or tomorrow and get things straightened out. And although I feel silly about having someone look at a doll and have them personally pick it out, I don't think I have a choice. And from now on I will certainly have a PS pick out my dolls. Although to some people they are just dolls, to us they mean the world and they are our girls. Thanks a bunch guys.

    Nikki

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The first Elizabeth I ordered had a problem with her little curls on one side of her face. Instead of hanging down, they were actually perpendicular to her face. When I called CS, the woman was not overly friendly. She said she hadn't heard of this problem and told me I could send her back since I had plenty of time to order another (it was for my daughter's birthday.) I was surprised because so many people on the board had posted that in similar situations CS would send out another doll and a shipping label to return the first. I got no such offer. The second Elizabeth's curls were ok, but her wig isn't really centered. She also has that gap between her neck and body. I am also beginning to wonder about AG's quality control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •